XMC is looking for experienced Graphic Designers to deliver customized brand creative to support our client’s initiatives and programming. This is a full-time 6-month contract, starting November 1, 2020.
Qualified applicants, kindly submit your resume and portfolio/examples of your work to email@example.com
We appreciate the interest of all applicants.
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reports to: Senior Channel & Customer Marketing Manager
Organizational Layer (global, regional or local): Local
General Description of the Role
The Graphic Designer role will work closely with the Channel & Customer Marketing and Brand Marketing teams to create visually appealing graphics and communications collateral for a portfolio of brands.
Your output should be in-line with both Brand Visual Identities and project-specific expectations. At the same time, it will need to be visually appealing and stand-out in a busy and competitive Spirits category. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to meet you.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Schedule projects and define budget constraints
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with copywriters and senior team to produce final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; and purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Sample Channel & Customer Marketing specific output:
- Retail POS
- Product Sell Sheets
- On Premise Menus/Feature Cards
- Internal and External branded swag and giveaways
- Adapting global and local assets for eCommerce usage
- Customer-facing PPT templates
- Sample Brand Marketing specific output:
- Adapting global assets to specs outlined by media agency (various sizes of OOH, digital ads, web banners, etc)
- Tasting mats
- Recipe cards
- Menus for events
- PPT templates
- Sizzle reels
- Signage and digital assets for events
- Concept test stimulus including initial product 3D renders
- CCM Managers
- Brand Managers
- Liquor Boards
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- Strong PowerPoint proficiency
Education / Professional Qualifications
- Pursuing/or enrolled in or completed a successful schooling in a relevant program or diploma/degree from a College/University
- Able to confer advice and suggestions from clients, as well as understand what they
- Juggling several projects almost simultaneously.
- Collaborate and get along with others when they work as part of a design team.
- Strong graphic design skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Acute vision
- Time-management skills
- Communication skills
- Handles rejection
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc)
- A knowledge of both typography and color theory is critical.
- Proven graphic designing
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Layout skills
- Other desktop publishing tools and graphic design software
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, XMC will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise us in your application.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter and resume must be attached for consideration.