XSS Staffing Solutions Manager
Job Title: XSS Staffing Manager
Company: XMC Sponsorship & Experiential Marketing
Type: Full Time
XMC is a dynamic agency that provides trusted counsel and flawless execution of bespoke Sponsorship and Experiential MarketingTM programs and immersive, relevant experiences for leading brands.
An expert in developing strategic partnerships, sponsorship planning and execution, XMC has provided counsel to some of Canada’s most prominent companies and ambitious, challenger brands. We collaborate with our clients to build powerful programs shaped by strategy, defined by meaningful execution and supported by proprietary business tools and analytics.
We believe sponsorship is a revenue generator, not a cost centre and we work with our clients to achieve critical business objectives and drive material growth. We love a challenge and have assembled a diverse team of professionals that can bring just about anything to life. We have deployed our world-class sponsorship consulting and negotiating skills to elevate brands and increase purchase consideration for Aviva Insurance, Audi, Best Buy, Carlsberg, Tweed and Mackenzie Investments. We also helped LG transform and own Formula 1 from Singapore to Montreal and Fashion Week in Toronto. And we continue to help clients such as Unilever, Canadian Tire, Weber-Stephen and Dyson harness the power of strategic assets to win at retail.
Whether it’s developing a sponsorship strategy, deploying a multi-agency integrated campaign, measuring strategic partnerships with our proprietary tools or staffing world-class activations – everything we offer is governed by a methodical process. It’s how we bring rigor to the business, inspire confidence and exceed expectations.
The successful candidate will focus on playing an integral role within the XMC Staffing Solutions team, a key division of XMC. The role will lead the staffing and human resources efforts for all XMC’s in-field activations. This is a great opportunity to take ownership, develop key relationships, support a variety of brands and implement key insights in regard to recruitment, hiring, training, management while developing a National team of Brand Ambassadors, Promotional Models, Team Leads and Tour Managers.
Duties may include, but are not limited to; developing job descriptions, posting roles on websites, mining and shortlisting candidates, conducting interviews and providing contracts to selected recruits and supporting staff training sessions. In addition, a key component of this role will be maintaining communication with staff and ensuring campaign deliverables are adhered to (punctuality, key messaging, reporting, etc.).
- Support the XSS business unit and senior leaders on all XMC Staffing Solutions projects
- Fulfill staffing requests with target right promotional reps
- Attend and represent XMC at College/University Career Fairs
- Recruit, train and retain XSS promotional reps
- Maintain accurate records of XSS employees (i.e. master contact list, comp cards, etc.)
- Expand current XSS roster
- Remote market research
- Uphold accurate system for tracking staff over a variety of shifts
- Coordinate staff to meet the organization’s requirements
- Monitor attendance of employees
- Assist the management team with interviews, orientations, and trainings
- Maintain schedules for rotating staff
- Secure coverage for vacant shifts
- Onsite activation of events
- Attend key client meetings
- Execute internal and external communications
- Extensive network of Brand Ambassadors, Promo Models, Field Marketers, Team Leads, Tour Managers, etc.
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in a recruitment/staffing role
- HR experience and a deep understanding of Brand Ambassador rights, payroll obligations, and National staffing considerations when activating in multiple Provinces
- Proven successful track-record of staffing large National programs on-budget and on time
- Budget/Financial experience in regard to program development, staff incentives, and Provincial minimum wages
- Experience overseeing junior staff Ex: Interns and or Account Coordinators, setting a positive example, be motivational and supportive
- Open and willing to accept different challenges daily
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Commitment to integrity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well as a team player or independently
- Relationship building skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and social media tools
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter and resume must be attached for consideration.