We are an independent, Canadian experiential marketing™ agency who, in 2004, set out to change the marketing playing field. We knew back then that we had to first create a place that was designed to foster greatness – a place where incredibly talented individuals are empowered to do their best work in an environment that encourages collaboration and creativity.
Most marketing companies are different but we are different than most. Our people and our high-performance and entrepreneurial culture is our unique blend giving us a fierce competitive advantage. This dynamic energy we collectively bring makes it possible to do great work!
We’ve put a lot of thought into who we are and who we need to be to deliver excellence to our clients – and similarly – the attributes we value in team members. What we look for and reward is someone who aspires to be insightful, collaborative, results-driven, with awesome leadership compatibility. Our success depends on our constant ability to live these values and continue raising the bar.
Our ideal Account Manager has a passion for bringing new ideas to life! You are a dynamic thinker with a positive approach to thought leadership and build relationships with clients to deliver consistent results that meet or exceed client expectations. Account Managers are team players with a “hands on” approach and are comfortable working both independently and within a team as well as committed to growing and mentoring direct reports.
You will manage program timelines and deliver flawless brand experiences from start to finish while effectively delegating tasks to Account Coordinators. As the day-to-day point of contact for clients, you are responsible for providing program updates to clients and internal stakeholders. Account Managers work alongside Senior Management to grow the business and provide proactive solutions to client challenges.
What will you be doing?
- On-time and on-budget delivery of client programs including planning, creating proposals and budgets, execution, management and measurement of programs and projects for a variety of clients within established brand strategy guidelines.
- Contribute to client strategy and program plan including providing innovative ideas, exploring new opportunities for client success, and continuous improvement.
- Client and stakeholder relationship building and management including anticipating and resolving potential challenges.
- Ensuring ongoing and trusted two-way communications with clients and have ownership of client satisfaction.
- Provide regular and timely communication with account team and Director for client account coordination.
- Resource planning and delegation to account coordinators and other team members.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Post-secondary education in Business or Marketing
- Minimum of 3 years of agency and/or experiential marketing experience
- Sport sponsorship industry experience is an asset
- Experience leading and coaching direct reports
- Highly skilled at managing client projects, events and program budgets
- Ability to effectively develop and communicate ideas to clients and internal senior team
- Ability to establish and grow trusted relationships
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and remain calm under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – especially Excel & PowerPoint
We sincerely appreciate all applicant’s interest in XMC but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, XMC will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise us in your application.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter and resume must be attached for consideration.